Bios question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukem

Where am I again?
A friend of mine is a bigger packrat than I am and I went "shopping" the other day in his closet... With the exception of a DVD-rom drive and a CPU fan I build machine, for a simple TF Folder/Download client.

It's a 2.8 Celercon on an MS-6577 (Compaq) mobo. I've replaced the battery and reset the CMOS several times trying to get it a work, but everytime I restart the mahcine it tells me "resetting bios defaults due to bios upgrade and/or bad checksum".

Now I did update the bios, but can't find the original one to go back to and check to see if maybe the new one is causing this.

Any other suggestions?

even on a cold boot it tells me bios reset... that't why I'm confused. and yes the HSF was in the end. Now thinking about it though... when I got the mobo, it had the cpu already installed... I never did take it out and reseat it... Ya'think, maybe...

yes, that's what I'm thinking too... I have a couple of 256 sticks at work that I'm gonna grab tomorrow, but I've got some PC300 in it now and it reads it as PC2100, so that might be it... when I do tat I'll take it apart and reseat everything... Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom