BIOS Password - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DALAN

Beta member
When I built my computer over a year ago I don't remember setting a password when I set up the BIOS. Now when I attempt to enter the BIOS it asks for a password. I've tried all my passwords but nothing works. I get the same message - invalid password, press any key to continue. Is there a way around the password??

There is sometimes basic BIOS passwords that the manufacturer (pheonix or Award) left on there as backdoor passwords which may work. If they do not work you will have to take out the CMOS battery, unplug from the wall and leave standing for about 5-10 minutes which will clear out all BIOS and CMOS settings (including your time/date)

How could I find the "backdoor password"? I do remember about the CMOS battery. I don't know if I could get thru all the BIOS settings again.

You can look online, type in BIOS password, there are various sites that have them all listed, it is around 30-40 different words dependant on the maker of your BIOS.

Glad to help, my BIOS was a pheonix-award it says so I tried all the pheonix passwords (to see if you could get around my own password to log into my system (living in a dorm and I dont want some dumb schmuk trying to break past either my BIOS or my windows password)) and none of the pheonix works, however there are like 30-40 award ones that may work so hope is not lost if i forget (which I log in like 3 times everyday, i doubt I will forget it).

I tried that with an old server I had, but no luck. So I found this bootable floppy program that scans the bios or something and gives you a list of passwords that will work. Can't remember what it was called though...

I tried all the AWARD passwords that I found on one of the sites - 'cause I've got a Phoenix-Award BIOS also - but none of them worked (about 45 of them). I've got an ABIT NF7-S2 mobo - maybe I'll try contacting them - as I'll try anything before I remove the CMOS battery. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom