Big reconstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddeffect

Beta member
My computer is !@#$. I am doing a big upgrade Here are the things I am going with.

motherboard
FRYS.com*|*Gigabyte

graphics card
FRYS.com*|*BFG

processor
FRYS.com*|*Intel

It is a socket 775 I would like a better fan than what it provides Let me know from the fan selection link below.
FRYS.com

RAM
FRYS.com*|*CORSAIR

Case
Tell me what is one of the better ones for heat management from here please!
FRYS.com

I'm using my SATA hard drive from my current computer (300GB)
Using my current Cd/Dvd w/ Burner disk drive

The question I have is should I use my current power supply or get a better one?
I am using an Antec 500W atx power supply. Since I am going to be having a lot better processor and I am changing my video card how should I upgrade it, if I have to. Thanks for the answers.

Get this mobo instead:
FRYS.com | Asus
Cheaper and better.

The stock fan for the i7 is fine depending on how much you want to overclock. 3.2ghz is fine with the stock fan. I use the v8 coolermaster with mine, I don't think it is the best though, someone will recommend a better one.
I use the Antec Nine Hundred two case, but I don't really recommend it. Its a bit small, wire management sucks and there are no mobo speakers.
As far as the power supply is concerned 500W is probably cutting it a bit fine. I think it is worth investing in a 750W corsair PSU, so your set for SLI or adding HDDs in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom