big build $1300

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonalwaysready

Daemon Poster
my brothers looking to get a comp. he wants the best that 1300 can buy. maybe a little bit more. hes starting over and giving away his current comp, so he'll need all peripherals, os, and a good lcd monitor.

thanks.

new proc's and boards are comming out q4 last i heard. but i would say a full system for 1300 with nehalem is stretching it.. The proc's are going to be around 300 on launch and the boards are gonna be about the same, which only leaves 700 for a monitor, os, keyboard, mouse, optical drive, hdd, psu, case, ddr3 ram, and a gfx card.. 700 for that is a stretch to do nehalem proud.. I would say just buy now and get either a wolfdale dual core or any quad. Also if you wanna wait and see about prices/price drops thats always a good option. also whats the intended use of this comptuer?

new proc's and boards are comming out q4 last i heard. but i would say a full system for 1300 with nehalem is stretching it.. The proc's are going to be around 300 on launch and the boards are gonna be about the same, which only leaves 700 for a monitor, os, keyboard, mouse, optical drive, hdd, psu, case, ddr3 ram, and a gfx card.. 700 for that is a stretch to do nehalem proud.. I would say just buy now and get either a wolfdale dual core or any quad. Also if you wanna wait and see about prices/price drops thats always a good option. also whats the intended use of this comptuer?

the obvious basics, but also gaming. im betting we could get the budget stretched to $1500. is 900 enough for everything else? or would it make a lot more sense to buy the discounted current generation stuff when nehalem comes out? i would think that waiting for a 2nd generation of nehalam to come around would be the smartest thing to do anyways... like the q6600's go stepping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom