BF2 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukem

Where am I again?
This one is weird, hence why I am posting it in the hardware section. I have a friend that recently bought an ATI X850XT PE so he could play bf2. He had 9200 for the longest time, but now ONLY when he tries to play bf2 will in SHUT DOWN his pc. Yep... shut it down. any other games plays fine (sub hunter 3, farcry, doom3, etc...) but only when he plugs in bf2 will it die. he's got all the latest drivers, has done the uninstall/reinstall, updated all the bios, etc, that we both can think of, but still nothing... he's got a gig (dunno type) ram, good 450W psu (18Amp on the +12V side), but the one thing I have yet to find out is that if his mobo is completely compatible. It's an INTEL 865perl.

I have checked all my knowledge (which obviously isn't much) and his, done all kinds of research, but still get the shutdown... Any thoughts, comments, suggestions? about the only thing he hasn't done is reinstall windows. :p Many thanks and much appreciatiojn for any help...

Nukem:confused:

What kind of power supply does he have? It could be that his PSU doesn't have enough juice to run that card. Or your computer could also be over heating.

I can 100% guarantee you that his PSU isn't putting out enough amps.

Going from a 9200 to a x850XT PE is like going from crawling to running.

Get a PSU with atleast 22a on the +12v rail and chances are he'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom