Which is the better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Versaiya

Beta member
I used to build computers back when DDR2 was the best around... Now I am having to build a new computer for SWTOR and I am having a bit of difficulty. I can't decide a few things, one of them being a motherboard. Since CPU's are incredibly pricey than they used to be, most of my money will go on one of them so I am trying to budget on a motherboard. I am starting to think motherboards are not that big of a necessity if you get top-notched RAM, CPU and a GPU. I am currently running an Intel based system. GPU: Nvidia GTX 260 OC edition; CPU: Intel Duel Core E2200 2.20ghz; Memory: SLI-Ready 2048MB; Motherboard: nForce 780i.

My system right now is a bit choppy while playing SWTOR and hard to PvP with. Playable when not a lot of people are around. First things first is getting a new motherboard. So my question is, which motherboard is currently better? A new motherboard or my current one? What I can already gather is DDR3 is better which is not an available option on my current motherboard and I only need one PCI Express slot for my video card.

CompUSA.com | M5A97 | ASUS M5A97 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ Motherboard

NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI MCP

asus makes good motherboards. im not sure that nvidia does.

the mb's you linked too are for different processors; amd and intel. intel has better performance/$ on the top of line mainstream chips.

welcome to tech forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom