BestBuy lied to me when they sold me my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartthecartoon

In Runtime
I bought an e-machines computer from BestBuy a few months ago and it was listed in their ad as having 512 MB of Ram. Today I opened it up and the RAM stick said right on it that it was only 256 MB. Is there anything that I can do about this? I feel very cheated.

no i dont think so they have a disclaimer on those ads saying mistakes are not their fault or something along those lines.

Usually good to make sure it has the right stuff when you buy it unstead of waiting a while cause you have more of a chance to fix the problem then rather then you do now. or maybe you might jsut be thinking something that he didn't say maybe he said it was upgradeable to 512mb

schulz269 said:
Usually good to make sure it has the right stuff when you buy it unstead of waiting a while cause you have more of a chance to fix the problem then rather then you do now. or maybe you might jsut be thinking something that he didn't say maybe he said it was upgradeable to 512mb

Well I looked at the box a few minutes ago and it said that I got 512 MB. I wrote an e-mail to e-machines to see what they could do about it.

Bring it back to the store, and tell them.... If they cant help you, tell them that they lost your business and you will be on the "horn" to corporate tommorow, if they still cant help you.......

CALL teh BBB (better bussiness bureau)

By physically opening the case, you might have just voided your warranty. I'm not sure if that's relevant or not, but some companies are douchebags like that.

They told me that BestBuy was wrong and it wasn't their problem. I wrote back saying that it was fraud, and they should do whatever they could to help me.

It is very relevant, When they find out you voided warrnty, they prolly won't care.

and I spell anything however I want.
E-mashine. o-k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom