best upgrade, and bottleneck ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: you built that 2 years ago god the tech is a bit old....

To upgrade then really you need to redo the system for an overall performance boost for gaming performance though you can get a 8800gt and and an extra gig of ram to tide you over but its only putting off the inevitable

:eek: you built that 2 years ago god the tech is a bit old....

To upgrade then really you need to redo the system for an overall performance boost for gaming performance though you can get a 8800gt and and an extra gig of ram to tide you over but its only putting off the inevitable

well, i guess it was closer to 3 years...

so my system wont bottleneck an 8800gt? and i need 3 gigs ram instead of 2?

3gigs of ram???? :eek: in your OP you said that you only have 1gig...... for xp and gaming 2gb of ram is best

Your processor may limit the 8800gt a small amount but not much. however your monitor will be the main restriction because of its low resolution most of the 8800gt's power won't be utilised

3gigs of ram???? :eek: in your OP you said that you only have 1gig...... for xp and gaming 2gb of ram is best

Your processor may limit the 8800gt a small amount but not much. however your monitor will be the main restriction because of its low resolution most of the 8800gt's power won't be utilised

i have 2x 1 gig in dual channel 4 slots

so an 8800gt will still 'work'?
whats a good lcd under $200 that would be better?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom