Best site for a used computer under $100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
300 bucks with a flatpanel monitor you say?

Look on ebay for a used flatpanel you can find a 15-17 inch for around 50-60 bucks used.

I can build a powerful computer for around 230 bucks but that also excludes

Monitor/keyboard/mouse/OS/Cd-Drive

So if you can find a cheap flatpanel on ebay used around 50-60 bucks you can make this work.

i've seen a couple of CRT's like that.... and @ nu2duo i think Sora's talking about CRT's, but it would be awesome if there were big LCD"s for that price :)

I got my LCD from a warehouse that sells refurbished and used office supplies. A 15" compaq that was refurbished through Dell and It's worked well for a year now and still going strong. I got it for 60 bucks

Yeah, you guys are right. I just don't like grade c lcd monitors. Pressure spots, scratches...nope! I thought you meant grade a. But yeah, $60 is true.

You can find a power adaptor cheaper than that....it would come to around 60 after you got both.

here you go..

eBay: Gateway LG FPD1500 FPD1570 AC/DC LCD 24V Adapter (item 220128581549 end time Jul-07-07 13:49:42 PDT)

60 bucks plus whatever shipping is after you calculate it.

So now you have to shop around for a powersupply? So after shipping and stuff, it's more than $60. Just doesn't make sense. Besides that da_mn monitor is from 2000. Hello people, don't bring me dinosaurs...sound familiar. JK

300 bucks with a flatpanel monitor you say?

Look on ebay for a used flatpanel you can find a 15-17 inch for around 50-60 bucks used.

I can build a powerful computer for around 230 bucks but that also excludes

Monitor/keyboard/mouse/OS/Cd-Drive

So if you can find a cheap flatpanel on ebay used around 50-60 bucks you can make this work.

I was thinking of connecting the computer to the tv, unless that is not a good choice that I am not aware of. I will also need to purchase a wireless router.

I would like to have a DVD burner to.

Subtotal:$204.95

That PC is quite powerful and very upgradable. You could easily add another stick of ram or a separate video card if you needed upgrades.

That is something to look into.

Upgradable is important.
The current computer can hardly be upgraded anymore, that is where I was off on what I was looking for a old computer for under $100 with 512Ram and Windows Xp already loaded, the current computer was 128RAM and Windows ME when bought.

I am sure anything will appear far better based on what I have been using.

Thanks to all for the help.

What is the over all option of a computer like the Compaq SR5010NX if it is in the $200-250 range?

It would need more ram for Vista.

If I can purchase a better system by building my own, then I will most likely go that way, the reason I ask is because I will still need to buy keyboard, mouse, router, operating system with a new build.

I've bought multiple 15" LCDs that were in complete functional order for under $60 and several more where the defects were fixable. Either a dead backlight, disconnected board or something else silly.

And you can replace the antiglare for about $15 and it is 100% scratch free. Or, if its just indoors, remove it. You get that shiny look that laptop screens have. Looks NICE at dark, just not in heavy light.

I was thinking of connecting the computer to the tv, unless that is not a good choice that I am not aware of. I will also need to purchase a wireless router.

I would like to have a DVD burner to.

That is something to look into.

Upgradable is important.
The current computer can hardly be upgraded anymore, that is where I was off on what I was looking for a old computer for under $100 with 512Ram and Windows Xp already loaded, the current computer was 128RAM and Windows ME when bought.

I am sure anything will appear far better based on what I have been using.

Thanks to all for the help.

What is the over all option of a computer like the Compaq SR5010NX if it is in the $200-250 range?

It would need more ram for Vista.

If I can purchase a better system by building my own, then I will most likely go that way, the reason I ask is because I will still need to buy keyboard, mouse, router, operating system with a new build.

eBay: Dell Optiplex GX270 Desktop PC-Pentium 4 2.66GHz XP Pro (item 130132201356 end time Jul-09-07 17:46:37 PDT)

It's a dell but it's way better then what you've been using. Under $260 shipped. Buy it now and call it a day!

Um but it is way WORSE than what he can get at that price if he built his own.

Also going back to the Compaq SR5010NX....it only has 512 DDR ram a single core celeron D, and a crappy mobo.

The PC I'm suggesting is a Dual Core Athlon X2, with 512 DDR2 ram, and a good upgradable mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom