best nvidia drivers for 9800gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzardxexe

In Runtime
ive been playing crysis and i noticed a few little artifacts sometimes. for example, ill be undergound and it looks like its trying to draw a daylight map or something and little white squares will appear.

my card (xfx 9800gt) isnt overclocked or anything and is running 182.something. anyone know what the best driver is that is out right now?

There's modded drivers around that you don't really need. I would suggest sticking to the current release, 182.06, which you seem to have already. Your crysis problems don't sound driver related. Do you have these issues in other games? What's the load temp of your GPU? Are you sure that the fan powers up to 100% while you are playing? If the load temp is very high, try leaving the GPU fan at 100% fixed cycle in RivaTuner.

182.06 is the latest Nvidia graphics drivers.

I agree with snowsurfer. It sounds more like a heat issue, or even a failing chip. My old X1950XT was artifacting due to a dying chip so I RMA'ed it before the warranty ran out.

Try using Rivatuner. Here is the download and here is the tutorial that will walk you through it.

It only seems to happen with crysis, it didnt happen in crysis warhead (yes both are legal). yes im running 182.06. i'll try with riva tuner.

let me just say that the artifacts look like they are part of the game. ill try to take a screenie of the next time it happens

so wait what is riva tuner and how do i use it?

EDIT: sorry i didnt see tutorial link my bad

Crysis is not optimally coded, for one thing. It may look great, but the code was not polished up as well as Warhead's coding was. They actually made Crysis to torture hardware, knowing full well that the stuff on the market at the time it was released would not be able to run it full out or very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom