Best HDDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a second hdd, I was just wondering, what do you guys think the best HDD make is? and what type?

I'm using a Seagate Barracuda now, and I'm not completely impressed, (those of you who've read my thread on the booting issue will know!). So, what do you think?

I've been looking at WD's, and Maxtors. I would like a raptor, 10k, but would it make much difference? And also the price is steep!

Thanks a lot,

Charlie -

I personally wouldn't recommend buying a Raptor. It only increases your load times by a little, and it doesn't justify the price tag on one.

My Western Digital has been fine so far, maybe you should try one of them?

sorry, but anyway, I think I'll go WD. I only want an 80/120gig, I don't need that much, I'm gonna use my 'dodgy' barracuda as my storage.

Thanks,

Charlie -

cyrax said:
I personally wouldn't recommend buying a Raptor. It only increases your load times by a little, and it doesn't justify the price tag on one.

My Western Digital has been fine so far, maybe you should try one of them?

Why does a Raptor increase load times? Isn't it like 10k rpm and 16mb cache?

I personally like Seagate drives best. I find them to be the most reliable. they have the lowest failure rate of all drives.
however, after Seagate I would say Western Digital. I don't hear much about WD drives dying.

I would recommend you stay away from Maxtor. at least unless/until Seagate improve them (Seagate actually bought out Maxtor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom