Best hardware for music recording, photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jairic

Baseband Member
A buddy of mine has asked me to recommend some hardware for a build (I might end up doing the build). His primary uses for it will be recording and mixing music as well as some photoshop stuff. Now, my thought is that as long as he has a decent processor (at least a dual core with substantial L2) and plenty of RAM (at least 4 GB?) and decent bus speeds as well as a GPU (not even anything crazy, maybe a 9800GT?) he should be good to go. But I thought I should be diligent and post here and see if anyone has any recommendations?

Thanks.

Sounds like you got this down. I'd say grab a little more ram than 4Gb, maybe a 6Gb triple channel kit. Grab an i7 930 to go with that, and a budget HS like the core contact so you can OC a little, and you'll be pretty much set. I'd suggest a slightly more powerful GPU too, maybe a GTS 250 (should only run you 80-90 bucks) to help with some aspects of PS work.

My bad, I wasn't considering tri-channel when I posted that. The GTS is a good call, that's about where I was thinking price wise for him. Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom