Best graphics card for my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdon12

Baseband Member
hey i have a Gateway Official Site: Shop - Desktops – LX6200-01 Product Details - LX 6200 01 Product Details
(Nothing has been changed) I would like to know what would be the BEST graphics card for this comp with only a 400 W power supply, im a moderate gamer, I bought this computer because it was on Sale and it came with a 22inch screen for only around 700$. my Budget is about 175$ I was thinking of
Ati 4670 Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H467QT512P Radeon HD 4670 IceQ Turbo 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards Or the Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-96SES4P-FSL GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Im a little new at this, so if you guys can find a better one that is compatible with this computer then it would be much appreciated and if you cant then please tell me which 1 of the 2 would be better. (I wasnt planning on buying a new power supply because that would cut out my budget.)
Thx for the help
Btw if i did decide to buy a power supply for my comp what would u guys recommend?

At stock both are tied speeds...

however that HD 4670 is OC'ed and comes with an aftermarket cooler, consumes less power and doesn't need an external power connector (which is good b/c Gateway gives the bare necessity for their rig's PSU's)

So go with the HD 4670, but those cards are suited more towards a 1440x900 Res, so you would be better with a 19'' monitor

So theres no way of me getting a better graphics card with a 400w power supply?

Unless you replace the PSU, pretty much yes..

All brands, Gateway Dell etc.. give PSU's that are a little more than enough to run the given rig... so most likely your PSU won't support more than that.. (btw watts don't matter.. amps on the 12v rails do)

amps on the 12v rail? How do i determine how much my comp has? How much will it cost to get a better one, to support better graphics card then what i have stated above. Sorry about all the question im a Noob at this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom