Best External Hard Drive - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tisoraku

In Runtime
I have looked over some other topics here about external hard drives, need to get some ideas. So many mixed reviewed about these, some say the My Book is not reliable, warranty is only a year while the Seagate has a five year warranty, my book looks better, can't buy based on that alone. Other then one being a better value, how would you rate 2.5 drives to the 3.5 drives that are plugged in? Going to go with at least a 7200RPM with 16MB catch, price under a total of $125.00. the 3.5 drives seem like an overall better deal for price and storage space.

Going to be adding another internal hard drive soon, need an external for back ups. DVD's do not cut it with 100GB's of information.

Thanks

2.5 is mostly for laptops and th 3.5 is the desktop drive. If you don't know which one to get, you could always just get a regular hard drive and stick it into an external case yourself.

I would like to add my own question here. I am looking for a external hard drive to serve as a backup info storage, maybe mirror my old hard drive on it if I have the time. 250 G, nothing fancy, just reliable and good price. Any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom