Best Case Under $150 - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

NZXT Nemesis:

This is the case I hope to be getting for my new build. It may be considered tacky to some, but I personally think it's one of the best looking cases around. I've read many reviews on it (Google some if you like the case) and they all have given great reviews to it. It's apparently a great quality case with great looks. The only flaw I know of is the PSU which blows chunks, so you'll need to get a new one.

It comes in several colors too as well as an "Elite" version with a great temperature and CPU usage LCD with USB ports on top of the case.. Look further on Newegg if you're interested.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to Brtnboarder495

I'd reccomend anything by Lian-Li or Thermaltake. Thermaltake usually delivers better value, but excellent quality. Lian-Li has excellent quality but with a large price tag.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Content Team

I love my Centurion 5. It has lots of room good cooling is lightweight yet very durable. Way cheaper than any Lian Li or Thermaltake or Antec and then you could spend the extra on pretty much any PSU you want. The tool-less feature works super well too. Easy to assemble. I think its a great case
Old 01-25-2006, 08:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I have an antec sonata. Its too small.

I forgot about the centurion 5 . Thats a sweet case/great price. U can get it with or without side window. And no it doesnt have a door on the front.
P4 3.2
Old 01-25-2006, 08:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lord Techie

i reccomend thermaltake. good looking, adequately cooled cases with plenty of room for expansion
Visit my website -
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 01-25-2006, 08:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Cant go wrong with Antec, I have this tower in Grey,

Solid as a rock, its heavy, and the steel doesn't flex which is nice. Its very roomy, and everything pretty much can be installed before putting it into the case. So all the drives are screwed on outside the case and then they just clip in. Very convinent. I love it
ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe
Intel Core i7 2600k
16GB DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws
1TB 7200 Segagte Drive
eVGA GeForce 570
Samsung Blu-Ray Drive
Antec 850 Watt PSU
Windows 7 Professional
Old 01-25-2006, 08:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to Brtnboarder495

What ever you decided, make sure it's made of quality material (preferably no plastics, stick with alloys and metals). Make sure it has a nice ammount of fans (I'd say at least 2 80mm or 1 120mm, but that's minimum). I wouldn't buy a case with an integrated PSU, they tend to be cheap and sometimes have "foreign" power connectors, that may require "patch" cables.

$100 is a good area to look around for a solid case.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to burned-ati Send a message via Yahoo to burned-ati

ok im going with PC_BOY) because the day i spend 125$+ on a case will be the day im rich. because i would never ever waist $125$ on a case.. let me remind u guys something your buying a case for a retarded Computer. not a car for a family to be safe in ! it doesnt need to be solid perfectly safe and sturdy, and have hard drive suspension? wow thats really out there isnt it?. a case cannot be but so good, do you know how much it cost antec to make these cases? proubly like 12-20bucks per case, and they sell em to people like you guys! i mean no offense but buy some more memory or a HD or a video card, the only case i would recomend that PZERO listed would be that x navigator thingy for 58$ it looks good happens to be aluminum and is cheap. and im sure it works just as good as the others. becasue if that p180 doesnt have built in air condition, or talk. its deffinetly not worth 125$ BUT ON THE OTHER HAND IF YOUR RICH OR SPOILED OR W/E ITS ALL FOR YOU LOL GO AHEAD AND GET CASE WITH AIRBAGS AND HD SPRINGS LOL! OR W/E U GUYS LIKE, BECASUE LAST TIME I CHECKED MY COMPUTER JUST SITS ON A DESK... AND I GOT A 35 DOLLAR CASE IT WORKS FINE AND EVEN LOOKS GOOD..
Old 01-25-2006, 10:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to FghtinIrshNvrDi Send a message via Yahoo to FghtinIrshNvrDi

subract the caps lock and the bad punctuation, I agree with burned-ati. Cases shouldn't be over $100! I spent 37 dollars on my current case that is suiting me well. And that's AFTER shipping. Unless the money pit is really, really deep, there's no point in buying case like that. The most I'd ever pay anyone EVER for a case is maybe 75 bucks after shipping.

<b>I'm an unhyphenated American.</b>
System Specs:
Intel Q6600 @ 3200 1.4v
Abit IP35 Pro "The Snake"
2x2gb A-Data @ 800
Diamond HD 3870 512mb

Great FORD TRUCK resource:
Old 01-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to ulater6000 Send a message via Yahoo to ulater6000

Look up the cooler master centurion 5 case. Its only like $50 on newegg, and extremly sturdy/durable/stylish.

CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Cisco CCENT, Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching
Closed Thread