Best buy or build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokyo_DK

Beta member
first off hi im new to this forum and think its great.

i have alot of questions cuz i wanna try building a computer soon.
umm i dont know that much bout computers so go ez on me. =D

so is it better to buy a package from like best buy or to build my own. i think building is better and cheapeer no?

ive been reading alot and was wondering which is the best out of the intel i5, i7 800's and the i7 920.

umm does overclocking actually make ur computer go faster? and what does the heatsink do cuz i see some builds that have it and some that dont.

srry for the stupid questions=D thank you

Building is a lot more fun and you get better components. Depending on the machine it is often cheaper. Typically the higher the specification, the more you save by building and low end office machines are sometimes cheaper as a prebuilt.

I think the i7 920 is the fastest if that is your question.

Overclocking does make your PC faster and is a fairly complicated subject on it's own. I recommend browsing the overclocking section to get an idea on the basics.

Welcome to Tech-Forums, Tokyo DK!!

For the most part, it's better to build on your own. Plus, the knowledge you gain from building on your own. It's also easier to upgrade compared to a pre-built. And since you mentioned overclocking, you wouldn't be able to do that with pre-built machines anyway.

The i7s are the top of the heap right now. 900 series I guess you would call them.

Overclocking does make your computer faster if you get a good 60%+ overclock on the processor.

The heatsink absorbs and dissipates the heat from the CPU to cool it down. And if you've seen a processor without one, then whoa...

*edit*
kmote beat me to it.

The real questions here is what type of budget are you working with, what do you want to computer for and do you need a monitor and all of the accessories as well.

With that info we can start to show you the best components for your money.

well first off thank you very much guys.

umm my budget is around 1500. umm im willing to spend 200-300 on a mon but i would like one that could be used by my comp and xbox also 1080p.
speakers i got but mouse and keyboard im willing to spend 75.
thats pretty much it. if im missing anything plz tell me. right now im just reading around gathering info on how to build n stuff. but il soon make a new post for choosing parts n stufff.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom