best agp 8x card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalki

Baseband Member
i have an amd system with1800 processor and a cheap msi mobo..512 mb ddr1....been using fx5200(128) and fx5500(256)mb..i have sold both the cards to my friends.. suggest me a good agp card other than these 2..the system was bought in 2005..budget is 2000 Rs (60$)

Well, you'll get SOME gamming done on them. You'll just get nowhere near next gen gaming. However you ARE right if your OS is Vista. ROFL! XD!
it depends on his OS and what GFX he's running. Are you running stronghold 2002? or are you running FarCry??? LOL!!!

Kurai

Your one of the snobby types.... I had on-board video and the 6200 blows it away.. I can play about every game now. it runs most stuff just fine.. And to the original Poster, I paid 40 bucks for mine at computergate.com, Its an Evga Geforce 6200 256mb DDR2 8x AGP. For the casual gamer who wants to be able to run games at a descent resoulution its great. But if your a lil computer geek who needs to compete against others and have the fastest and latest card then go spend 300+ on one... Im not picky, 800x600 and 1024x760 is plenty fine for me.

Matt
B CO 1/16 INF

Your one of the snobby types.... I had on-board video and the 6200 blows it away.. I can play about every game now. it runs most stuff just fine.. And to the original Poster, I paid 40 bucks for mine at computergate.com, Its an Evga Geforce 6200 256mb DDR2 8x AGP. For the casual gamer who wants to be able to run games at a descent resoulution its great. But if your a lil computer geek who needs to compete against others and have the fastest and latest card then go spend 300+ on one... Im not picky, 800x600 and 1024x760 is plenty fine for me.

Matt
B CO 1/16 INF

Bro, dont come on here recommending an old crap card.

The 6200 is old, and not very good at all. It was an entry level card when it came out 4 years ago and its even worse now.

Todays onboard video slaughters it. You can spend just a bit more, and get a card 10 times better.

One of the snobby types? Sorry but don't try to talk down an active member of this forum who has been here for years...that stuff doesn't play here. The op wanted the best AGP card for his system, so i suggested the best priced card which will give the best performance in his system.

To the op:

I know its a bit out of your budget, but this is pretty much the best you can do, besides an hd3850 which will heavily bottleneck in your system:

Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H26XQT512ANP Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready IceQ Turbo Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

For much cheaper, a decent card which i ran myself a while back:
Newegg.com - Palit NA+7300T+TD51 GeForce 7300GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

The low amount of ram in your system will hurt you as well, try to get at least another 512mb.

Matt
B CO 1/16 INF

He's not snobby, he's right. The 6200 is a very old card, and it's weak. It's several years old, and wouldn't be a good investment at this point in time.

Yeah, the best AGP card is the HD 3850, but it is about 140 bucks. You could get this:

Newegg.com - Open Box: POWERCOLOR AG3850 512MD3-P Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

It's Open Box, but it's half the price of a new one, and you can just download the drivers yourself, and you probably have the other stuff (adapters and whatnot) from past cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom