Best AGP 4/8 video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the bumpage, i didnt actually bump it, i was just adding things as i looked through the pages of cards :D

i saw that the card came with a cd with drivers, and im sure i can get drivers online, so it shouldnt be a huge problem should it?

but either way, a day of working on it is worth it to upgrade to 8x the graphics memory :D with my 2gb patriot signature ram, i will now have a kickass comp for gaming, all i will need to do is get a faster CPU :D

and i ordered overnight because i want it ASAP AND my sister wants to play sims and she cant until i get this card in, since for some reason whenever she plays it (cuz its so graphics intensive i think) the computer overheats and shuts down

and its not the CPU overheating, its the graphics card :D

so im getting this

thanks for your input guys!

-Phate

Phate said:
sorry for the bumpage, i didnt actually bump it, i was just adding things as i looked through the pages of cards :D

There's always an Edit button, you know? ;)

jolancer said:
yea, im in NY state, and Newegg usually always gets anything to me within 2 days anyway with there standard shipping method.

...your going to have to spend a day reformatting and re-installing your aplications anyway for it to work right... because you cant stick a Nvidia card into a system witch was previously using ATI drivers.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm going to be switching from ATI to NVIDIA and I didn't plan on having to reformat everything.

yorikatl said:
Can you elaborate on this? I'm going to be switching from ATI to NVIDIA and I didn't plan on having to reformat everything.
its sometimes hit and miss... switching from ATI to Nv or Viseversa, may produse no porbs/some probs/ or major problems.

sometimes you can avoid any problems by... (Befor switching the cards)

) downlaod driver cleaner Pro:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3214
) uninstalling your current drivers
) reboot into safe mode (press F8 befor windows starts laoding)
) and use Driver cleaner to atempt to remove all Old ATI driver remnents.
) then shutdown and insert your new Vid card.
----------------------------

you can try that way, and it may work.
i did not bether to mention it befor, because the only shur fire way to avoid issues 100% of the time is to do a clean reformat/re-install of windows.

i just got and installed the NVIDIA 7600GS, all i had to do was use the included driver card, install the driver, restart, set my graphics settings again (back highest) and i was good to go and game :D

-Phate

Phate said:
i just got and installed the NVIDIA 7600GS, all i had to do was use the included driver card, install the driver, restart, set my graphics settings again (back highest) and i was good to go and game :D

You Uninstalled your Old drivers first though, right? If not, then you are very very very lucky, that its working....

...or you do have some system problems you just dont know it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom