Best AGP 4/8 video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phate

In Runtime
whats the BEST video card available for AGP 4/8 assuming a $250 budget?

i was looking at the 6600LE, but is there anything better?

Edit: also, id like more then 128 mb of ram, since my existing card is an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with 64mb of ram, and it suckz monkey nuts :D

so 256+mb of ram plz :D i COULD deal with 128, if its a very fast card :D

stats for my comp(not full, just random stuff i know :D):
2gb patriot signature ram
Dell Dimension 4600 (upgraded)
Fortron 500W PSU
otherwise the stock Dell Dimension 4600, which means:
Intel P4 2.6ghz CPU
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 64mb ram
80gb hard drive
CDRW drive
DVD drive
Sound Card (Soundblaster Audigy i think)
and a motherboard that i dont know the name of lol :D

End Edit.

-Phate

hmm, 7600GS with 512mb or 7800GS with 256.... i cant decide :D

SOMEONE HELP!!! :D

-Phate

The memory of the graphics is going to depend on what games you are gonna be playing. I'd go for the 7800GS, even though it has lower memory which isn't reall important....256mb is enough, it has a higher memory interface and faster clock speeds.

well the 7800GS is obviously much better.

however the 7600GS is way better then your 9800pro.

the 7600GS is probably similar in performance to a 6800.

I tested a 128mb 256bit XFX 6800agp on a 2.4P4 prescott befor in the past, and even at 2.4Ghz the 6800 was bottlenecked. i know cause when i upgraded that pc for someone to a 3ghz prescott, Doom3's Timedemo jumped ~8fps with all other components remaining the same.

So a 7800GS will definatly be bottle necked on a 2.6 pentium4. You may wont to just save the money and get the 7600GS.

the 7600GS is massive performance improvement over your 9800 anyway, that way you can save some for a PCIE system in the future when DX10 cards are utilized.

thanks, i ordered the 7600GS, BFG Tech, got it overnight shipping with Rush Processing so it should be here tomorrow or the next day :D

-Phate

yea, im in NY state, and Newegg usually always gets anything to me within 2 days anyway with there standard shipping method.

...your going to have to spend a day reformatting and re-installing your aplications anyway for it to work right... because you cant stick a Nvidia card into a system witch was previously using ATI drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom