Beeping noise - new PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manowar

In Runtime
Hi guys,

After ordering and receiving all my new components for my new PC, I decided today to start building it.

The only thing which my new PC is currently lacking is RAM. All other components have been inserted into the case. However, I tried turning it on when I had put evertyhing today, and I get a strange sequence of beep codes, in the form of 1 long and 2 short beeps.

The mobo is the Asus P5N32-SLI Premium mobo. Intel Core 2 Duo 2.40Ghz CPU and the Geforce 8800 GTS.

Now, according to AwardBIOS, the beep stands for failed graphics/video cards. However, I cannot seem to see anything wrong with the way the card has been placed in the PC. I've put it in the top Blue 16x PCI-E slot and I've connected one of the PCI-E connectors from the PSU to the graphics card.

The only thing I can think of is the absence of RAM. Do you guys have any advice?

Thanks.

your PC won't run without RAM, if that's what you're trying to do, that's your problem.

Haha, I see where you're coming from, guys. I wasn't actually expecting the PC to run without the RAM! I just wanted to see if it would fire up, so to speak.

So you reckon its definately because theres no RAM that I'm getting the strange 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps?

Most likely yes. The only other thing that comes to mind would be, setting the option in the BIOS for 1 graphics card instead of 2 (SLI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom