Basic Media pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused how is this a media pc???? sounds like a standard pc nothing media related has affected the components so far

media pcs should have:
Tons of hd space for ripped dvd's 750+gb
media designed graphics card: nvidia 8400 & 8500
soundcard
possible video capture or tuner card
either 1gb (using xp) or 2gb (using vista) of ram

I'd say something like this (too lazy to lookup links):

Case: Your choice
Motherboard: Nothing too extravagent, I'd assume lots of SATA, USB, dual lan, and maybe built in wifi unless you want to buy a PCI card
Processor: Intel 2140 (save yourself $15 and just OC it to 2.0GHz stock)
RAM: 2GB value
Soundcard: Might use onboard, not too bad these days. If anything value soundcard is fine, these $80+ cards aren't worth it
Video card: Some ATI all-in-wonder video+tv capture
HDDs: 2x750GB for 1.5TB storage, add if necessary.

Logisys Pyramid Thermal Fan Controller (Blue)
This is a badbutt extra!! lighting, and fan controller, all inside the case! I'm looking for a mod for remote control for his media, what better!! sound cards.. most speaker setups have additional plugs so you can add it all to one setup, but go with a creative, they are (relatively) cheap and renowned as some of the best in the industry

Logisys Pyramid Thermal Fan Controller (Blue)
This is a badbutt extra!! lighting, and fan controller, all inside the case! I'm looking for a mod for remote control for his media, what better!! sound cards.. most speaker setups have additional plugs so you can add it all to one setup, but go with a creative, they are (relatively) cheap and renowned as some of the best in the industry

Thats pretty cool. If it works as advertised it sounds pretty useful. At the same time the amount of noise would kind of worry me.

Ok then, just a basic computer. He is gonna use it to watch movies on it, and surf the web. So a basic, solid, reliable computer. No overclocking because if there are any problems i dont want him to rely on me for tech support. So i want a reliable motherboard + proccessor + ram + videocard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom