Basic Media pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
So what is the best media pc for the price. I am building it for a friend, he needs it for music, movies, internet and basic stuff like that. A low end video card will probably be enough. Only needs a 250gb hdd. Preferably 2 gb's of ram. He told me he wants it to look cool also, so I need a case with a clear side panel and a set of 12 inch purple cold cathodes. Price range is 500-600.

No, just a regular pc. Just the actual computer, no monitor, keyboard, mouse etc..

I was thinking along the lines of a E2180. 2gb ram for around 70. But i'm not sure which motherboard to get. Which videocard is good for a media computer, 7300, 7600, 8500?

I can't say I know all of the details but if you're making the computer yourself I can't imagine it would be very hard to make one using $600.

I think the real concern is making it look cool. I mean a clear side with purple lights? Kind of cool I guess but you should throw in some other stuff to make it look really good. You could probably do something cool with a fan involving lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom