basic cheap video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
i need a basic, plain-jane video card that will allow me to play need for speed underground 1, and possibly need for speed most wanted, and work well for windows as well. I am not willing to spend alot (under $100 CDN), so i was wondering which of these video cards would work the best for two games and windows:

128MB GEFORCE FX5200
128MB GEFORCE 6200 PCI-X

128MB ATI Radeon 9600SE
128MB Diamond Stealth Radeon 9250 AGP
128MB Diamond Stealth Radeon PCI

I have 1 PCI slot free, and 1 AGP slot free on my mobo (1 PCI slot is being used by my wireless card)

any help is appreciated, thanks.

windows xp needs a 16 MB video card, and need for speed underground needs 32 MB video card.

Would that video card work best, or should i get a 64 MB video card off ebay?

I'd recomend an evga 6600gt... or just a 6600

I know it's above 100, but it's worth it...

anything lower might be able to play nfsu1, but probably not nfsmw..., my gfx card will play nfsmw, but when my pc gets hot (stock cooling) it slows down...

I doubt ati would be a good choice

i dont have a problem with windows, but if i play nfsu, it will lag up, even though my video card is double the requirements.

the system requirements for the game says that an intel 865 is required though..

yes 6600 or even 9800 pro if you can, there seems to be a lot these cards floating around from people that upgraded. I still have my 9800 pro and it plays FEAR without any lag.

For the $25, the performance jump from the 6600 to the 6600GT is huge. Same with the 6600LE, don't do it. I'd highly reccomend the 6600GT or the 6800GS in the AGP flavour ($125) and ($200) respectively.

i know nothing about video cards, so im taking your word for it, all i know is the difference between video card and video chipset, thats it....

just get the 6600GT...i have one and am very happy with it...i play NFSU 1, 2 & MW, HL2 all without "lag"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom