Base build off a dell dimension 3000 (STRICT BUDGET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerking

Solid State Member
Ok, before you say anything about having a antique Dell Dim3000, I want to say its my only option.

So, what I want is- processor, Mobo and graphics card.

If I need a new case to fit these things thats fine

I was looking for a good gaming Mobo and Graphics card that can run COD6 at decent settings

I was looking at these-

Newegg.com - MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

and for the Graphics card, no idea where to start.

So my budget is 250, if you have any better Mobo for under $100 give me a link please! and same as the processor. and a new hard rive would also be nice, in the 200 GB range for under $50

Ok Thank you in advance

Your best bet on a tight budget is a mobo+cpu combo. FRY's has some great deals that pop up from time-to-time. They alternate every week.

They currently have THIS one.

That leaves about $130 to put on a video card. THIS or THIS should be sufficient.

What PSU do you have? You're going to need something bigger than what comes in that Dell.

well, youre basicly building a new comp, whether you realize it or not.

a new cpu will need a mobo, and you will also need new ram because your current ram is only ddr ram and will not work.

then you want to upgrade the gfx card. even for a decent low-mid end gfx card, your power supply is too weak so youll need to upgrade that too.

so for your $250 budget, this is as close as i could you some decent parts.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR MCP6P M2+ 6.X AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 / nForce 430 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - WINTEC AMPX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 3AXT6400C5-2048K - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Antec Basiq BP430 430W Continuous Power ATX12V Version 2.2 Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

these total $251 + shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom