Bad time to buy a DX10 card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlagreca

Solid State Member
I'm planning on buildinig a high end PC for future games to come, and I was set on slapping in a Geforce 8800GTS. It's relatively expensive (@ about $430) compared to most cards out now. The only two DX10 cards out now are in the Geforce 8 series, and I figured once ATI releases their "R600" and Nvidia releases a few more 8 series within the next two months prices will drop.

Basically my question is, do you forsee a price drop for a Geforce 8800GTS once other DX10 cards are released? And if so, will it be significant enough (let's say over $50)?

Edit: I'm gaming on a Dell Inspiron 9300 and I can't take it much longer :mad:, which is my whole reason for wanting to start my build as soon as possible!

I don't think those things will be dropping in price anytime too soon, They just got released.

Yea it's just 2 months old. I doubt a drop in prices. Which is why they're releasing more affordable budget DX10 cards, next year.

Thanks for the quick response! And sorry, I should have posted it in the other forum (high end PC)...

Im not sure really they could drop the prices so people are drawn towards that not ATI's forthcoming DX10 card,and maybe it will drop in price if a more powerful DX10 Card comes out 8900 Anyone ?. Ive not been looking at future card releases so wudnt know. But the prices could drop it just depends on certain factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom