Bad Mobo? Plz help! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Bad Mobo? Plz help!

Heya my friend ordered alll the parts for his new PC, and i built it all today. Went to start it up first time and black screen, no output from vid. card...tried card in another computer and it worked fine...The card was getting power (i also tried another card in the same slot, no video) but i think the pci-e x16 slot was bad or just the mobo in general...Does it seem like the mobo is whats at fault here? Everything else works fine, cept no picture, or no beeps...the mobo is a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l s series. We got a geforce 8800gts card in with 4gig of DDR2 pc2 6400 (4sticks) and a lga775 core2 duo e6850 3gig. Any help would be appreciated!

Old 10-25-2007, 08:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Inquiry - The Dark Cheese
Default Re: Bad Mobo? Plz help!

what power supply u got?

Old 10-25-2007, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Try booting without the ram. And see if you get the bios. If that doesn't work uninstall everything and only install the bare esentials you need to boot the bios so no CDrom or anything like that and see what happens
CPU: e6320 W/ Zalman CNPS9700 @ 2.8
RAM: 2gigs G. Skill HZs
VID: EVGA 8800 GTS 640mb @ 625/1025
HD: WD1600YS
Old 10-30-2007, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

thats what someone else said, so i will try that..its a ocz gamestream 600w with i guess 18A on each 12v rail or whatever...but i did unplug most things and got a real loud beeping noise accompanied by it powering on and off, and it was really loud, so now imma try to jus boot with the cpu, psu, cooler, and case and see what happens
Old 10-30-2007, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

EDIt: Delete please.. wrong place.. stupid tabbed posting:
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 10-30-2007, 07:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Techie
Send a message via AIM to phucng_10 Send a message via Yahoo to phucng_10

What's happening here is your video card isn't working?
|phucng_10's WM|
Old 10-31-2007, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

nah the vid card works in a other PC, i unplugged everything except the CPU power, mobo power, and the case connections and it flashes on and off with no beeping whatsoever, and there isnt any ram in it so it should be beeping because the lack of ram. We just trying to figure out if we need 2 order a new mobo or not. Thanks!
-But yea the problem is a lack of video output when it wasnt flashing on and off, but now it is flashing on and off and on and off and so on lol..No beeping whatsoever, and the power button wont work to shut it off.

Closed Thread