AverMedia card does not fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovering

Beta member
Hi, I'm a new member, I didn't get around to posting a intro because I have to rush to work here in a minute. I just wanted to get throw in a quick question so hopefully I had some answers when I got off.

My question, I set up security cameras all around my house and ended up buying a DVR pci card for my computer to record everything. I bought a AverMedia NV3000

Amazon.com: Avermedia Digital Video Surveillance System NV3000: Electronics

My problem, It is not fitting in my PCI ports. My biggest port in my new desktop is a pci express. So i'm guessing it will need the pci X. Could anyone take a look at the site I posted of the card that I have and tell me if was port size it would need (guessing you can tell by looking at it???)

ANYWAYS, I have a couple old computers, is it possible to desolder a pci port that I could use and Solder it on. Or did I just waste money buying this desktop since I cant use it for this.

Walmart.com: HP Black Pavilion p6523w Desktop PC with AMD Athlon II 220 Processor & Windows 7 Home Premium: Computers

That is the computer that I bought. I guess I should of looked at the specs and realized it didn't have the pci size that I needed. But I'm learning!

Thanks,

Matt

The card is PCI. Which leads me to think that the ports you have available are PCIXpress X1 which are small and white. No it is not possible to remove a PCI port from an older PC mother board and solder it onto a new one. You will not have the proper leads for the port nor will you have the proper drivers or other material needed to get the port working. Sadly your out the money. Cause the Description of the PC clearly shows that there is no PCI ports at all.

Expansion Slots Total (Free): 4 memory - DIMM 240-pin ¦ 3 ( 3 ) x PCI Express x1 ¦ 1 ( 1 ) x PCI Express x16 ¦ 1 ( 1 ) x PCI Express Mini Card ¦ 1 ( 0 ) x processor - Socket AM3

So unless you bought that PC less than 15 Days ago, you cant return it. I know that policy well. Cause they check the date on the receipt and the serial on the box has to match the serial on the unit. I know this, cause i do it daily.

I edited your username as well. It would be very much advised to read our rules and Welcome Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom