average/good PC build help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannywilliam

Baseband Member
Hello everyone,

I am looking to get a new PC but feel like all my local options are riddled with inadequate or mostly un-upgradable hardware while also being overpriced.
So, fulfilling a decade old wish, I've decided to build my own!

I come to the realization that I do not need a new monitor with this new machine and most pre-builds have them as stock, raising the price for the box. I also do not need a keyboard, mouse and such. I figure I will just use my old monitor, mouse and keyboard with my new machine if I build a new one.
I also have plenty of OS disks so I can just install it after the build, IMO.

Basically, I need a computer that can handle gaming and basic video encoding (such as light DVD conversion using Nero).
The gaming side does not have to be 100% "state of the art" but I would love it to be able to run the latest (last 2 years or so) games at fairly decent specs. Basically, when the new Starcraft comes out I'd like to be able to run it and not have it lag. Also, WoW has to run at full performance as my current rig can only run it at the lowest specs (and not well even then). I'm assuming it wouldn't take much for that tough, aside from possibly Starcraft 2.

My price range is right around $600-800 (including shipping if components bought online).

Please, can someone pretty much tell me what the best computer I can build would consist of. My knowledge of hardware made within the last 5 years is pretty low.

Thanks to all that help/reply and sorry for the long winded post!!!!!

THANKS!!!

-Chumdiddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom