Audigy 2 Platinum or X-Fi Platinum? READ ME PLZ!!! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2006, 04:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Originally posted by bonehelm
No, the X-Fi series is built of way more advanced architecture and it consists of couple thousand times more transistors making it introduce sound in a completely different way which you've never heard before.

Its 24-bit Crystalizer makes all your music, movies, games sound crisper, brighter, cleaner and richer. Not to mention it improves gaming performance by freeing up CPU usage.

The X-Fi card series is fully certified by THX and DTS surround, which further proves its quality and renown.
Now you made me have to reconsider lol

Audigy 2 ZS is also THX and DTS... The only difference that I will notice that isn't there is the 24-bit crystalizer, but surely there's a plugin for Winamp that does a similar thing... I dunno...

Old 05-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Switch

The 24-bit crystalizer is OK. The only reason you'd use it is if you have really bad speakers. Its pretty much an EQ booster to make the bass punchier and the highs a bit more brighter. I barely have it on, 10% i think.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

But trust me, the X-Fi makes your CDs sound better than CDs and MP3's sound better than MP3's....

I didn't believe it at first, but my friend got it for my birthday this year, and because i'm a music lover, i treat this card as my god.

make sure you have good speakers if you want to have the best experience with your X-Fi. a good 2.1 system would be the logitech Z-2300.

PC Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13ghz
Gigabyte P35-S3 Motherboard
A-DATA 2x1GB DDR2 800mhz memory
Geforce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express
Closed Thread