ATX or Micro ATX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind matx boards. Smaller, cheaper, less pci slots, but I've never used more than 1 or 2 anyway. It also lets me buy a smalelr case like Ultra Microfly.

I agree, though, mAtx is taking over. OEM systems, the best deals, ect, tend to be mAtx rather than Atx.

Got the Microfly, nice case for $36 at tigerdirect, fits great gaming beside the 37" tv in the living room :D.

matx is just cheaper to bulk make for Dells and hps. Of course if u can choose a big @$$ comp or a smaller one and both idenitcal guts, its kinda an obvious answer.

I disagree that its obvious. ;)

I spent a long time deciding atx or matx. I was deciding between sacrifcing the ability to have more than 3 hard drives, or portability. I chose matx because I have a projector and with the microfly I'll be able to carry one in each hand and go somewhere with my pc. I may end up regretting later not being able to add more hard drives, though.

lol what ever happended to getting a laptop?

more than 3 hard drives? really is that neccssary? I'm almost topping my 500 gigs and gonna get another one tommrow's boxing day sale but 1 terrabyte, i think thats enough. I seen a ton of matx with a good amount of satas and a lot of mini tower cases can hold 4+ plus. Microfly only 3 though...

my other computer i'm getting was gonna be another microfly matx build, but tommow gonna buy a normal atx case to be able to fit a crossfire board :/. Too bad no crossfire matx boards out there.

Its not just about hd space. What if you want to raid? What if you want multiple HDs for multiple boots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom