Attempt number 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had seen your other thread where you got help from Trotter. he had speced you a build with an athlon ii x2 240, so ive been assuming that thats the cpu you have.

so just to clarify, you still have the x2 240 right?

yes, your hdd and optical will be compatible.

edit: actually, i managed to rework my suggestion.

Newegg.com - ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - BFG Tech GS-550 550W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V V2.8 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies
XFX Radeon HD 4870 Video Card - 512MB GDDR5, PCI Express 2.0 x16, CrossFireX Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI at TigerDirect.com

i didnt see that mobo before, but it looks real good for the price and that psu has been suggested here a few times but i forgot about it (even though aliasaid had suggested it on the 2nd page of this thread >.< )

with those changes, you can now get 4gigs of ram and its still under your budget at around $344 + shipping

no, it has 2 dvi connectors. you only use 1, unless you want to hook up 2 monitors.

and yea, that mobo looks good. just when you get your parts remember that you connect your monitor to the gfx card, not to the onboard video.

4870 is better than 5750
however 5750 supports DX11

what you read is probably "dual link" DVi

in that case, it's not using both dvi ports

just different cable specification

the difference is the cable, not the ports on video card

kinda like CAT5 and CAT6 for Ethernet cable

or like USB 1.0, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom