Attempt number 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other input on DDR2 vs DDR3? Should I sell my DDR2 stick and go DDR3 or is it worth it? Also need more advise on graphics cards, researched for a good hour on benchmarks and whatnot but still unsure.

since youre on a smaller budget, it might just be better to stick with the ram you have.

you said you cant return it, so if you sell it how much do you expect to make? then unless you sell it locally, theres probably some shipping costs involved, taxes? maybe. then to buy the same amount in ddr3... doesnt really seem to be worth the time or extra money unless you really do want ddr3.

whats your budget for a gfx card?

gfx card I'm willing to spend around 100. Budget kind of went up a little bit since christmas came around. So willing to spend a little more to get a better PC. So Mobo, gfx card, RAM, and PSU I guess all 4 of those parts I'm going to spend around 350.

Idk..really want to order this sucker tonight. How long will DDR2 technology be around? Because I don't want to have to buy a new MOBO for a good 3/4 years

well that depends if you feel the need to upgrade at all. there are still plenty of people running p4's w/ ddr ram.

just need to know what you wanna do so that we can help you pick parts without any compatibility issues.

I'll be gaming on this sucker, I think I'm going to go with DDR3 ram and just give this stick to a buddy.

Says AM3 AMD, just wanna tripple check that this will work with the processor I posted. (BTW to add to my nightmare US postal lost my case I sent back, but refunded it) Also, Hard Drive and DVD drive will both be compatible right?

edit: Also, I got a 64 bit OS, so will that use too much ram to game with? I mean, will I need to get more thatn 2 gig of RAM since 2 gigs is needed just for the OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom