ATI Radeon 9250 or e-GeForce FX 5500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albo23

In Runtime
I need a new graphics card and it has to be PCI because thats the only type my mobo supports. Pleas don't give me any other options except for the ATI Radeon 9250 or e-GeForce FX 5500. i have two links here for both if you'd like to view their specs:

Comparison:
Comparison

nVidia:
nVidia

ATI:
ATI

Go with the FX5500, because it supports a higher DirectX version, and a higher pixel shader version.

Then go for the Radeon 9250. I was thinking the FX5500 was 128-bit, since there is a 128-bit version, for it.

dude you should really upgrade your motherboard. anyways what games do you play on it? if you are never going to game and if that motherboard just doesn't have integrated graphics then you should get a really cheap one.

He already stated, not to give him any other options, so I just try to answer his question. In which case, the FX5200 is better than the 9250, in terms of supporting a higher DirectX version and a higher pixel shader version. Being $10 more than the 9250, it doesn't matter, because both wouldn't do much in terms of gaming. So go with the cheapest one, in this case, the 9250.

I plan to build a new computer next year anyways. ;) Thanks, and would either the 9250 or 5200 play good with CS:S or San Andreas?

I'm sure they can play those games, but probably low to possibly medium settings, depending on the rest of your computer specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom