ATI Graphics card installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupert007

Baseband Member
Have posted this thred someware else on forum continuing from a thred but think this is the right place for it so. "Ok ! Have found graphics card and attempted to install reversing process of removal but the new ones twice the size with a plug on it in the back corner of it, so when I started up the computer it wouldn't saying the graphics card was not connected to the power supply? I've opened up the computer to check for a connecting power supply, the only connectors that fit the 4 plug socket on the back of the graphics card are all in use, 1 to the CD 1 to the DVD and 2 to box's under the floppy disc via a connection splitter. This graphics card has been in this computer before so connection must be possible and relatively easy. Any idea how?".
It's an ATI, thats as much as I know about it.:freak:

Hello,

Specifically, what graphics card do you have, and what PSU do you have?

You need to make sure that your PSU is adequate enough to power everything (including your new graphics card).

You might be able to use another splitter to plug a power connector to your graphics card, but this depends on whether your PSU can power everything; otherwise you'll have to buy a better PSU with more connectors.

Have shuffled power connections around to gain power for the graphics card, so am a 4-pin Peripheral(Molex) short for the moment. Can the power supply for ether the CD or the DVD be run on a 4-pin Berg("mini-Molex") indefinitely or at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom