Athlon X2 for gaming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyezahn

Beta member
The word is that a single core processor is better for gaming than dual core. Ok, fine. But how much are you really losing in 'real life' usage as opossed to simply comparing crunched numbers???

I do a lot more than just gaming...it's not unusual for me to be bouncing back and forth between numerous programs, such as Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel...and my web browser. I think I fit the description of a 'multi-tasker', which the X2 processor is ideal for (or so I've heard). I'm not a hard core gamer, but do I enjoy a good game of FEAR or BF2 now and then. That being said, what's really the best choice in my situation? My thought is that while I may be losing some performance in games, I'll be gaining great performance in business apps. And I'll be better positioned for the future...I may get a couple of years rather than months outta this.

I've already purchased all the components for a new build, which I'll be tackling next week...including the X2 processor, but I'm curious to know what others think about this choice before I start turning screws. If I'm overwhelmed with opposition, I may change processors. All thoughts are welcomed! Thanks.

for multitasking, definitely go for the dual core. for games, however, i don't think many (if any) are made to make use of the dual cores yet...i don't know if you'll lose performance, but you certainly won't gain .any i think you'll be very happy with dual cores and it'll keep you happy for a long time

dont' worry about games. you wouldn't be able to notice the difference between a dual core CPU and a single core CPU.

yeah I think that I am going with the X2 for my rig too.

It will be the future so it will last you a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom