asus P5Q mobo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nono14329

Solid State Member
alright so i am thinking of upgrading my video card soon, and right now i have an nvidia 9800 gt superclocked edition. and i noticed there isnt much room around the pci-e slot, due to components around it, and im afraid ill get the card and it wont fit.. the card i want to get is the 9800GTX. ill post a picture of the mobo so everyone can see, but anyone who has this mobo, please tell me what card you have so i will atleast know that one fits! thanks!

p5q.jpg

if you mean you dont know if there will be some kind of clearance problems with the new card, then no, there shouldnt be.

if you have something occupying the pci-e slot right below the blue one, then that might be an issue if the new graphics card is using a double slot cooler, but in that case you could just move whatevers occupying that slot to the next one down.

and you might have a small issue also if youre trying to remove some ram while the card is installed, the little tabs that secure the ram in place look a little close from the pic, but also shouldnt really be a problem.

thats basicly it, theres nothing else thats really in the way. i think youre just worrying too much. :)

if you mean you dont know if there will be some kind of clearance problems with the new card, then no, there shouldnt be.

if you have something occupying the pci-e slot right below the blue one, then that might be an issue if the new graphics card is using a double slot cooler, but in that case you could just move whatevers occupying that slot to the next one down.

and you might have a small issue also if youre trying to remove some ram while the card is installed, the little tabs that secure the ram in place look a little close from the pic, but also shouldnt really be a problem.

thats basicly it, theres nothing else thats really in the way. i think youre just worrying too much. :)

yes the card does have a double-slot cooler, but theres nothing in the slots next to it so its ok. and the pins on the card are on the right side looking from above, so the cooler only extends to the left.. i agree i am worrying too much xP

but hopefully everything will be fine. :3

im guessing the ones circled in red, but no theyre not those, the pci express slot. on the picture i posted, its the blue one.

p.s. im from maine too :D

Yeah, I saw that you typed "PCI-e", but sometimes people get confused, and I was just going with circling the PCI slots in case you meant that. Now that I know that you know the difference, then I would agree with Muffin Man and say you are probably going to be ok.

And what part of Maine ? I'm in Lewiston.

Yeah, I saw that you typed "PCI-e", but sometimes people get confused, and I was just going with circling the PCI slots in case you meant that. Now that I know that you know the difference, then I would agree with Muffin Man and say you are probably going to be ok.

And what part of Maine ? I'm in Lewiston.

alright, thats good to hear, thanks!

im in portland though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom