ASUS P4V8X-MX Socket 478 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
I am going to be buying this Asus Motherboard from Newegg and I went to the Asus website; ASUSTeK Computer Inc. and under the specifications for the CPU it says Socket 478 for Intel Pentium 4/ Celeron
Intel Hyper-Threading Technology ready
Supports Intel Prescott CPU..... I have the CPU from the old mobo and that is a Intel Celeron R 2.80GHz/128/400 CPU. Will this CPU work with this new mobo?? Thanks!

Intel Celeron R 2.80GHz/128/400 is what it says on the back. Here are the pictures:

Old Mobo

Front Side

Back Side

Any other stuff you need, just tell me! THANKS!

the socket for the CPU should say the socket number, i cant see the picture clearly but the frame for the heatsink looks like it for skt 478

Yea.. Im Pretty sure its a 478.. With that CPU and 512mb of ram i have?? Will that be fast enough for like Messaging, Email, Photoshop, Music, Pictures? I think I mite get a 1G and then use teh 512mb with that.. Would that be good or whats your suggestions??
Thanks!!

Ok... All the mobo connections and drives are set up. I went under Hardware Monitoring and it said the CPU temp was at 114 degrees F. Is that normal or not? Also, I set my boot order to CD Drive 1st and HD 2nd and I wanted to reinstall windows xp home edt. with the disc and it will flash with the _ Symbol and then the computer resets itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom