Asus B85M-E: Will it work with my setup?

Lcompensation

Solid State Member
Morning/Afternoon/Evening!

I am thinking of buying the ASUS B85M-E Matx motherboard

I currently have a Geforce GTX 660
11GB RAM
The i5-4460 (requiring an LGA 1150 socket)

Will all of my current items fit in with this motherboard?

They have the same amount in the back. THey both also have 2 USB2.0 headers on the bottom of the board.

It says - Intel® B85 chipset :
4 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, , 2 at mid-board)
Intel® B85 chipset :
8 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)

That's more than the board you linked me?

That's what the chipset is capable of, and both boards in question have 4 USB 2 in the back, 2 USB3, and 2 USB headers midboard.

All you have to do is simply look at the boards in question on Scan and see what I'm telling you is exactly as it is.

B81 board I linked.
H81MSI.png

Asus B85.
B85.png

The B85 chipset is literally the same thing for more money. The only difference really being that B85 boards have more ATX options which doesn't apply to you anyways. Just because the number is bigger doesn't necessarily mean it's better. With this platform, the only two chipsets you need to worry about are H81 and Z97. The rest are just fillers.

That's what the chipset is capable of, and both boards in question have 4 USB 2 in the back, 2 USB3, and 2 USB headers midboard.

All you have to do is simply look at the boards in question on Scan and see what I'm telling you is exactly as it is.

B81 board I linked.
H81MSI.png

Asus B85.
B85.png

The B85 chipset is literally the same thing for more money. The only difference really being that B85 boards have more ATX options which doesn't apply to you anyways. Just because the number is bigger doesn't necessarily mean it's better. With this platform, the only two chipsets you need to worry about are H81 and Z97. The rest are just fillers.

I am also currently using 4 dimm slot's, therfore downgrading to 2 would sway me, and the cost difference in Mobo will be made up by the instance of RAM. I do like your idea and budget wise is a lot better, if RAM wasn't an issue i'd definitely choose your board!

Back
Top Bottom