Assistance on finalising my custom build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarleyGY

Beta member
This will be my first build, and i'm restricted by a budget which I barely managed to keep in as it is.

Arianet 2016 Midi Chassis

Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-US2H 760G (Socket AM3) DDR3 Motherboard

500W Corsair Builder Series 500CX Power Supply

AMD Athlon II X3 Tri Core 450 3.20GHz (Socket AM3) Processor - Retail

1TB Samsung HD103SJ SpinPoint F3 SATA-II 3.5" Hard Drive

4GB Corsair XMS3 (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10600C9 1333Mhz Dual Channel Kit - TW3X4G1333C9A

XFX ATI Radeon HD 5670 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Total price being £309.54 including VAT and Delivery.

This is the build. I'm generally happy with what I seem to have come up with, and this final build is the result of me getting assistance from several different forums.

Are the components in this build all compatible, such as the Power Supply being powerful enough to run the different bits, and the motherboard being able to fit the Processor/Graphics Card?

Is there anything necessary that I am missing from this build, such as fans/coolers or thermal paste?

I know i'm the newbie here, both to the forum and to building computers, so all assistance is appreicated immensely.

Is there anything necessary that I am missing from this build, such as fans/coolers or thermal paste?
Because the CPU is retail, it comes with a heatsink (which comes with a fan). The thermal paste is pre-applied so you don't need to worry about that.

I've changed it a little.

The build is now as follows.

Arianet 2016 Midi Chassis

Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-US2H 760G (Socket AM3) DDR3 Motherboard

500W Corsair Builder Series 500CX Power Supply

AMD Athlon II X3 Tri Core 450 3.20GHz (Socket AM3) Processor - Retail

1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 3.5" SATA II Hard Drive

4GB Corsair XMS3 (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10600C9 1333Mhz Dual Channel Kit - TW3X4G1333C9A

XFX ATI Radeon HD 5670 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card

The Hard Drive has been changed because it is cheaper.

A problem has arose, however. Someone on the Aria forum says I should swap the current motherboard in my build to the Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2P GeForce 7025/ nForce 630a (Socket AM3+) DDR3 PCI-Express Micro-ATX Motherboard.

He also wishes me to change the Arianet 2016 MIDI chassis for the Xigmatek Asgard Pure Black Edition Gaming Case

Which of the motherboards would you consider better? I'm not particularly interesting in the AM3+ advantage, I only wish to know whether it would affect my current build, and if so, what affect would it have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom