Asrock Mobos

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb1swat

Daemon Poster
So These are really cheap mobos. I take it there is some short coming? I bought one awhile ago because my much higher priced MSI fried; although, instead of buying a high priced XFX or ASUS, I bought the ASROCK for half the price.

So why do people hate these boards? Last night I was playing TF2 and a guy's name was "assrock". Do they not OC very well? They're not too pretty...but the one i got has all the toys for half the price.

Yea, they're pretty good boards. I've never had any experience with them though. I think ASRock is a independent spinoff from Asus, to compete with Elitegroup like ECS, Matsonic and others.

In my experience ASrock are crap, I have seen more faulty mobo's that are ASrock than any other manufacturer, I am not a Over clocker but I have heard that they can't OC well. There support is a joke it took me freaking ages to download the drivers for a system that I formatted and when it comes to returns an you have to deal with them direct you can forget speed and good service.

ASrocks are good if you're short on cash/replacing hardware or you're building a budget machine. They're basically watered down ASUS boards. We've used them in the shop with some success, but when we can, we try to use better brands.

Just for the LOVE OF GOD don't get ECS, or even worse, PC Chips. Ever.

Haha, ECS are that bad huh? ASRock use lesser quality parts compared to Asus, and I believe they are made in Taiwan..could be wrong.

Oh yeah, they have less quality than ASUS boards, but that's the point. ASRock boards are still made by a good company, but they have lower quality parts to drive costs down for budget machines. They aren't all gems, but they're decent enough for people who want crazy cheap computers built at local owned shops. (I speak from experience, lol.)

And yes, ECS boards are that bad. They are the worst. The only boards worse than ECS are PC Chips..and they're made by THE SAME COMPANY. Lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom