Asrock? Biostar? Msi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdkiller

Baseband Member
ok i was wondering, what do we know about the above brand names? where are their factories located? how good are they? I always knew biostar to be a inferior brand but i see they have nforce4 boards which confuses me. i heard somewhere that asrock is the lower end company owned by asus. if that is so then does it mean asrock uses the same quality parts as asus?

somebody inform me please. i have to build a medium classed system for somebody and i dont want to sell them something that will die in a month cuz then they come back for me to fix it. lol. the system has to be AMD so i either socket 754 or 939.

I would go with Asrock over Biostar any day,Believe it or not but Asrock has a really nice 939 board,I used to have a cheap Asrock in my old celeron setup and it was actually a pretty good little board,Never gave me a problem :)

MSI one of best Overclockers EVER! Asrock is also good, not sure bout biostar though.

hmm. i guess everyone including myself seems skeptical about biostar. i am also hearing that asus 939 boards die fast.

I use an MSI Neo4 Platinum, and its awesome, so solid, an awesome overclocker...!

Personal experiance Asrock is a no no. I will never buy another. Here's a screenshot of 3dmark05 the light grey is a dual sata2 asrock socket 939 and the dark grey is an asus a8v, That is the best the asrock system could do it is overclocked 15% in that test and the A8v is stock speeds. The hardware is the same just switched boards.

futuremark059ei.jpg

No love for biostar so far.. hehe.. Well, I own this biostar mobo, and its great, hasn't given me any problems, and overclocking with it was a sinch(right word? lol). I picked this mobo cause I too was building a medium level pc, and im glad I went with this biostar mobo, its simply great. And check the reviews on it on newegg, another reason I went with it instead of asrock and asus

edit: forgot to mention, it is a mirco-atx mobo.. heres the link to it on newegg as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138264

i agree with shumway, i have seen benchmarks of that board on another site, i think it was anandtech but i not sure. the board was not that bad. it was just below the msi and the dfi of similar class. other than that i run a pc store and i sell over 300 asrock boards in middle class systems and i have had 1 return out of all that so asrock has a good track record for me. the biostars i had over 20 returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom