Appropriate Power Supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to buy this set-up, which I assume you are, i would tell you to make some changes. I would not buy a SKT 939 MOBO- get a P35 DS3R and a Core2Duo ans OC the **** out of it. Dont get the 8600GTS- its a rip off- you would do much better with an X1950PRO OR an X1950XT. Change the HD to a Samsung SpinPoint and your set!

As far as a PSU: i would reccoment Rosewill/Xcilo/FSP(fortron) 500W. That will be a fine (and cheap) power supply!

If you're going to buy this set-up, which I assume you are, i would tell you to make some changes. I would not buy a SKT 939 MOBO- get a P35 DS3R and a Core2Duo ans OC the **** out of it. Dont get the 8600GTS- its a rip off- you would do much better with an X1950PRO OR an X1950XT. Change the HD to a Samsung SpinPoint and your set!

As far as a PSU: i would reccoment Rosewill/Xcilo/FSP(fortron) 500W. That will be a fine (and cheap) power supply!

Please don't tell me what I want. I know what I want. However, I don't know what I need to bring it all together, although I do know that the PSU should be around like 50 bucks.
Oh, and maybe a new motherboard too.

we're not trying to be mean, we're just saying the x1950xt is WAY more performance for the price,and its only like $15 dollars more

thank you for backing me up.

@jive turkej:

Seeing as you 'know what you want', I suppose that you wouldnt want this GFX/CPU/MOBO Combination that would kill your proposed setup, for the same price, would you?

MOBO:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR NF4UAM2G Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

CPU:
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail

GFX:
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100176L Radeon X1950PRO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Do you work for samsung or something?

Stick with your Seagate Barracuda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom