Appropriate Power Supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not getting an X1950 or a 7900gs, because they can't be upgraded to Vista eventually. Oh, and because I don't want to raise my budget anymore. Same thing goes for your motherboard.

All I'm really asking is do they work together?

Not getting an X1950 or a 7900gs, because they can't be upgraded to Vista eventually. Oh, and because I don't want to raise my budget anymore. Same thing goes for your motherboard.

All I'm really asking is do they work together?

yes they can..... they just lack the dx 10 feature, but its not like the 8600gts will play dx 10 games, all cards out now are vista compatible

but they will work

plus getting an x1950pro or 7900gs drops ur budget to below 500$

seriously u need to consider an nviidia based chipset, because VIA chipsets... well.... stink and that is coming from me a VIA P4X-266 Mobo user......

yes they can..... they just lack the dx 10 feature, but its not like the 8600gts will play dx 10 games, all cards out now are vista compatible

but they will work

plus getting an x1950pro or 7900gs drops ur budget to below 500$
Well I kind of am looking for a DX10 card. Plus, doesn't ATI have some issues with AMD chips?
I'd also like to direct you to this list: http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/graphics-card-rankings-139202/
where the 8600GTS beats the 7900GS and ranks directly below the X1950PRO

seriously u need to consider an nviidia based chipset, because VIA chipsets... well.... stink and that is coming from me a VIA P4X-266 Mobo user......
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR NF4UAM2G Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
better?

Okay if the X1950PRO is cheaper and more powerful than the 8600GTS, then get the PRO, as the GTS will not actually be able to take advantage of DX10, so there really is no point in paying more just for that feature. Yes get that board it is good. No, AMD actually own ATi so I don't see why there would be compatibility problems between them.

Jive, my previous post has 2 links in it to 2 different Power Supply Tutorials that are on the boards.

Also, I run an AMD 64 3500+ Venice core with an H.I.S. X1950XT without any problems...

AMD and ATI having problems with eachother??? They merged together. I highly doubt you wouldn't find a solution to a problem between them. Plus if your only getting 1 gig why not just get 2 512's in dual channel. I wouldn't skimp on ram. I guess Vaanish got to it before me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom