Anything re-usable from my dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billru44

Baseband Member
Hey,

I bought a Dell Dimension 2350 3 years back and am looking to build my own pc.

Is anything re-usable for a new system from my Dell?

Obviously not the HD, Mobo, or CPU.....

What about the Power Supply, Fan, Memory (currently has 512MB)

Well, the optical drives can be reused.

The hard drive can be used as long as it works... just reformat it and use it for storage or something.

The RAM could be reused, but it is PC2100, which is very slow by today's standards. Better than nothing, but slower.

The power supply is 200W and is proprietary. Throw it as far as you can...

The mobo, fan, case, and anything else can be used as a doorstop...

pretty much the only thing you can reuse, is optical drives yes, hdd if it works asnd is in good working condition :D,

psu...dont even think about it, they suck!

mobo, which uses pretty old ram, which has most likely s478 with no AGP slot which is pretty useless :D

fan, heatsink no, fans like case fans you can i believe :confused:

if i reuse my dvd drive and CD writer, do I need to find the drivers for these devices?

i think dell gave me a whole cd full of all the drivers... (which may be a pain in the a$$) b/c it would probably load a ton of drivers on my machine which i will not need

anybody know?

windows will automatically install the drivesr for you, well thast what they did for me :D

On top of all that....you could take the fans out.....The processor fan can be used as a cheap case fan since it has a 3 pin connector.

shdwsclan said:
On top of all that....you could take the fans out.....The processor fan can be used as a cheap case fan since it has a 3 pin connector.

How can you do this? Is there like a 3 pin connector to a molex connector adapter?

You can pretty much reuse all the optical drives and the hard drive if it is working. I don't know why you said you couldn't reuse it though. Does it not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom