Any tweeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M733mhz

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I bought a pretty old system a while ago, AMD 1800+, 512MB RAM, Asus A7V8X motherboard and a Gefore 5200(Crappy card but it gets the job done), I'm running 2 40 GB 7200RPM hard drives and 2 optical drives all on a crappy 350 Watt power supply I pulled out of an E-machine I bought for 10 bucks. I was just wondering if there might be anything I can do to sort of spruce up my system without upgrading, it runs fine and does everything I need it to, all my games and whatnot. But I just wanted to know if there was any new drivers or something of the like for anything I should update to, to possible make it run a little more up to par with the sick processors and everything out now. I'm running it on XP pro SP2. If anyone has any suggestions, please comment!

i doubt you can do anything to get it close to the current processors,but i'd suggest defragmenting, doing a virusscan, running adaware, running spybot search and destroy, and ccleaner to get all of the crap the builds up in your computer out. it might not make a huge difference, but it will definitely help a little bit.

Well, I run Ad-aware professional with ad-watch and Sygate firewall and I haven't had a critical object since I got the thing, I keep up on all my defrags and whatnot. Thanks for the link, I'll have to check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom