Any opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam123

In Runtime
Basically im making a computer for myself. First time. Heres what i want, i want to know if this combo is good or not, im basically doin programs (flash, internet, msn) all that stuff, but i do play the occasional game. I just want to have an overall nice computer.

CPU- AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2GHz Socket 939 512k L2 Cache

Video Card- Asus EN6600/TD/128 GeForce 6600 128MB DDR PCI-E w/ TV-Out, DVI

HDD- Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA/150 100GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache (OEM)

RAM- 2X - 512MB PC3200 DDR400 184-pin

Motherboard- Asus A8V Deluxe Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro w/ Dual-Ch DDR400, Gb LAN, SATA Dual RAID, 8-Ch Audio, SPDIF, IEEE

Case- Aspire X-Plorer Steel Case - Black/Blue

Picture of the Case

Any comments or opinions would be great!
Thanks!

Adam

I'd suggest going with DFI, MSI, or Gigabyte for your motherboard. They're very reliable. Asus tends to be buggy with Athlon 64 processors.

If this is the max of your budget, I'd downgrade the processor to a 3200+ and upgrade the video card to a 6600GT. It'll be worth it.

Not bad overall.

Ryan

i was just going to say that fghtinirshnvrdi, defintely downgrade the processor to a 3200+ as you can just OC(overclock) it to the same speeds as a 3500+

i would say get an MSI K8N NEo4-F which is a excellent mobo for the money

what power supply do you have in mind?

Sorry if i sound like an idiot, Im pretty new to this. But im not to sure what MOBO is. I've heard people talk about it though. And i havent really figured out about a power supply, what should i get, and how much would it be?

I'm going to downgrade the processor, and im glad i can, because that one was a hell of alot of money for my budget haha.
Is this it?: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz Socket 939

If you could please explain "overclock" to me, that would be great.

And isn't the video card already a 6600GT?

thanks

Sorry for the double post, but i just realized somthing...

If Mobo means motherboard, im gonna feel like an moron. hahahah

lol it's okay, i was at the same point a couple of months ago. Yea a downgrade is definitely what you need and get a 6600GT. It's totally different from the 6600 and a hell of a lot better. Overclocking is cranking your parts up to get more "bang for your buck." Basically you use programs or tap into the BIOS (basic input output system) to get your parts to work faster and better.

I dont know though... I dont think i'll need a 6600GT. I dont do alot of gaming. Atleast not hardcore gaming like BF2, Doom, Half Life, that kinda stuff. As for the overclocking...my buddy says that it can "overheat" or even cause it not to last at long. I dont know if i like that sounds of that. Haha.

Adam, definately get the 6600GT. I was in the exact same situation as you; light gaming with the 6600. But then I realized I wanted better, so I sent back the 6600 and got a 6600GT for like 40$ more.
Trust me, if you don't get it you'll want it, and if you do get it you'll be happy.
Also get the board pzero suggested.

Hahah, well i guess ill take all of your suggestions, because yeah, ill probably want it. I did a little research, and i found one...

Leadtek WinFast PX6600 GT TDH GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 PCI-Express w/ HDTV-Out, DVI

I hope thats a good one, its not TOO much more than the 6600, but i guess it'll be worth it.

And yeah, i'm getting that mobo haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom