Any one else do this?

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Does anyone ever bother too update older systems hear on the forums? I'm curious too know how many people are spending say for example three fifty + on a new budget build say every two too three years? I still use AGP, I have upgraded newer systems with running PCIe, Quad core CPU's and finally ran 24" Display setups.

The reason I use AGP still is it works for me, and a lot of people I know who spend time throwing out older tech and upgrading, I all ways seem too be given the stuff that no one wants any more and since I haven't got £650 + too spend on a new Mid Range to Hi End system, I play around a lot with PCI still for example.

Is it just me or does anyone ever look too upgrade their older Systems, run multiple older Systems, mabie run Win XP or 7, instead on jumping on the Win 8 and Win 8.1 Band waggon?

For a main rig? No, I don't. I have a 98box though that I continuously upgrade and try to hack software elements for certain things. My latest is trying to get an AGP dual core setup running with it but I haven't invested anything into it for a while since I have no room.

I love old hardware, but lately I just haven't had time or space to play with my old stuff.

I play with older stuff all the time, when I do a build for someone they usually want to get rid of there old system so I offer to get rid of it for them then piece together the old systems to make a running one and donate them to people who can't afford a new system and have something old and too slow to do what they need, I usually can give them an upgrade and in turn they send me other customers giving me a good recommendation. But have not played with any AGP boards in a while, still have a AGP System on the shelf but have much newer sitting next to it so I haven't really touched it.

Dauntae

Back
Top Bottom