Any good cpu temp monitoring programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
Hi. I am lookign for a program that will allow me to check the temp of my cpu, but while i am in windows. I know how to do it from the bios but i want to see how hot it gets when i am playing games because the other day my comp just randomly restarted and i think it was bcuz the cpu was too hot. I am trying to buy some arctic silver 5 to put on my cpu to try to cool it down but what do you gusy use to monitor your cpu temperarure while you are playing games?

everest home edition <---discontinued but you can find it somewhere else rather then the everest home page
MBM5 (motherboard monitor 5)

k thanx pzerofgh i just got everest home edition and while i am just browsing the internet and when it is idle and i am not using it the cpu is at 53c. Isn't this kind of high? My processor is a sempron 2800 socket A version and i have a cooler master silent heatsink/fan. Is this normal or do i need to try to find better ways to cool it like a new heatsink or artci silver 5?:confused:

HMonitor is also quite nice if you find the interface of MBM a little difficult to navigate through. Problem is of course, is that it isn't freeware.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL said:
k thanx pzerofgh i just got everest home edition and while i am just browsing the internet and when it is idle and i am not using it the cpu is at 53c. Isn't this kind of high? My processor is a sempron 2800 socket A version and i have a cooler master silent heatsink/fan. Is this normal or do i need to try to find better ways to cool it like a new heatsink or artci silver 5?:confused:

53ºC seems around normal, but if you want to do some serious work, I'd suggest bringing it down a bit........ a medium-sized tube of Arctic Silver paste shouldn't run for more than $10 at most places....... just be sure to completely clean off whatever paste/heat-transferring substance you had before.

You can also improve the airflow in your case either by tying up some of your cables or switch to using round cables for your storage drives. If you don't have any case fans and there is a vacant spot available, an exhaust fan is always helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom