Antec or Thermaltake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phucng_10

Fully Optimized
Well, again, my dad found another sale for a Thermaltake 500W PSU on Fry's Electronics daily page. Right now I currently have an Antec 430W Earthwatt's PSU and the one on sale is the Thermaltake 500W PurePower PSU. The Antec, I know is a quality brand and it has a 80%+ efficiency while the Thermaltake has a 70%> efficiency. Should I make this switch or keep the Antec?

Lol, well he's just helping me build my computer since I got good grades on my report card in the last semester. And also, I screwed up the VAIO he got me about 7 years ago so he's rebuilding it.

I use the same power supply, if it runs the system you listed, then I'm happy because thats similar to my next upgrade... (won't have to get a new psu), but this is off topic.

I don't see any reason on spending the money if you don't need it. Does your computer stay stable as is? If its modular, its kinda nice to have, but not necessary.

Might just save the money for another part, (new video, more ram, extra hd, etc.), or a new IO device, (screen, better mouse/keyboard, speakers, etc.) I prefer Antec, but that is my opinion.

You said you messed up your VAIO, put the money to fixing that.

Just my opinions.

I use the same power supply, if it runs the system you listed, then I'm happy because thats similar to my next upgrade... (won't have to get a new psu), but this is off topic.

I don't see any reason on spending the money if you don't need it. Does your computer stay stable as is? If its modular, its kinda nice to have, but not necessary.

Might just save the money for another part, (new video, more ram, extra hd, etc.), or a new IO device, (screen, better mouse/keyboard, speakers, etc.) I prefer Antec, but that is my opinion.

You said you messed up your VAIO, put the money to fixing that.

Just my opinions.

Peter Huang just posted a thread about the Thermaltake PSU and it's a bad one. So I'm sticking with my Antec! ANTEC :love: Also getting a P35-DS3R soon.. don't know when though because I want to OC my E6600 to at least 3.0+ GHz..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom