Another Video card Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patweems

Beta member
I have a PC and am wanting to play a game on it but I am not sure what kind of video card I would need and if the video card will work with computer/game so can anyone help me... Thanks.

Computer: Sony Vaio Desktop Pentium 4 2.4Ghz Model: PVC-7762.
It has 512Mb ram right I am putting 1G in it when the shippment arives.

Game: Dark age of Camelot. The Minimum to play the game is: Pentium3 1.4 Ghz 512Mb Ram, 3,5GB free hard drive space, compatible card with 64MB video ram, DirectX 9.0 or later.

I dont have a lot of money for a video card but I want something that will work and run the game well... 128Mb video card is Preferred so thats what I am shooting for but I just dont know what type of card to get that will run game and work with my type of computer.

Thanks... I hope this is not confusing.

I have a PC and am wanting to play a game on it but I am not sure what kind of video card I would need and if the video card will work with computer/game so can anyone help me... Thanks.

Computer: Sony Vaio Desktop Pentium 4 2.4Ghz Model: PVC-7762.
It has 512Mb ram right I am putting 1G in it when the shippment arives.

Game: Dark age of Camelot. The Minimum to play the game is: Pentium3 1.4 Ghz 512Mb Ram, 3,5GB free hard drive space, compatible card with 64MB video ram, DirectX 9.0 or later.

I dont have a lot of money for a video card but I want something that will work and run the game well... 128Mb video card is Preferred so thats what I am shooting for but I just dont know what type of card to get that will run game and work with my type of computer.

Thanks... I hope this is not confusing.

what is your budget .....and do you know what kind of slot your mobo has for the card? pci or agp4x/8x or pci-e (unlikely)

My budget would be something under 50 bucks. I know you get what you pay for, but maybe a little more.
I looked under Device Manager "I am a newbie at computers... hope I am telling you right." and under display adapters the video card in now is a Sis 650 and it says it is Location: PCI Bus 1
If this doesnt mean anything can you tell me what it looks like inside the computer and maybe I can read from off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom